When I was pregnant with Ashton my stomach grew so large and heavy that I ended up walking around hunched over for months at a time. I used to have great posture but ever since then it's been painful for me to sit up straight and as time goes on the pain just seems to get worse and worse. My spine is slightly curved but my main problem is the deteriorated discs in my middle to upper back. What surprised me about this diagnosis is the fact that I have had MRI's and X-rays years before and nothing ever came up. When my Chiropractor showed me my latest X-ray it was very obvious that I was lacking the discs that cushion the bones in my spine. I was able to actually see where there were discs and where the discs had completely deteriorated. To be honest, it was actually a relief to know that the pain I've been suffering with for so long was not just in my head like my Primary Care Physician had made me believe for so long. Ever since then I have been researching different ways to deal with the pain and ways to help the discs in my spine reform so that the problem will be solved instead of just taking medication to deal with the pain. I have found several different ways to help and wanted to share them with you in the hopes of helping others in my same position.
- Glucosamine and Chondroitin - Glucosamine and Chondroitin are a part of normal cartilage that acts as a cushion between the bones in a joint. Glucosamine is a natural substance that is found in the covering of shellfish and it is available in several different forms. The body absorbs Glucosamine very well and some research has shown that Glucosamine and Chondroitin may help cartilage and discs in your back to regrow though it has not been proven to help provide sufficient pain relief for all sufferers. This is one of the first things my Chiropractor suggested as well as ridding my diet of excess sugars including high fructose corn syrup and nicotine.
- Inversion Tables - This is something I just learned about recently after seeing a commercial for one on TV. Inversion tables offer effective spinal decompression that promotes a healthy back and mental function. It's very important to do your research on Inversion Tables before selecting one for yourself as some are plagued with structural flaws and balance problems but there are several available to the public that have been proven to really help with spinal decompression.
- A New Mattress - Tempur-Pedic, one of the most popular mattress brands around, offer several different mattresses that will help you wake up feeling refreshed and help with back pain. They offer optimal support and comfort through the entire night and help you to get a full night's sleep and wake up feeling refreshed and ready for the new day.
- Zero-Gravity Chairs - Besides degenerating discs in my back, the muscles around the spine are very taught and add to the pain. I have heard many great things about Zero-Gravity Recliners that are developed by back care experts and designed to help you achieve the ultimate comfort and relaxation. These amazing massage chairs feature full zero gravity recline at the touch of a button, which follows the natural flow of the spinal cord, placing discs, back muscles and your entire body. Quite a few of them also have amazing multi-point vibrating massagers to help relieve muscle tension and stress as well as heat to help relax muscles and help you achieve a peaceful rest.
- Exercise - By stretching and exercising your back muscles you will relieve tension. There are several different exercise machines that will help with chronic back pain including a Decompression and Extension machine. This is a hip-supporting inversion product that is similar to inversion tables however they help you incorporate inverted decompression into your workout. Exercise your core with various styles of crunches and back extensions plus you can use the base for reverse dips, modified push-ups and band work as well. Another great exercise tool is a Back Wave which is ideal for yoga and stretching. A spinal cradle allows for comfort and complete arching of the spine while you exercise your core, legs, glutes and back.
Each of these have the potential to help those of us with Chronic Back pain live a more normal, pain-free lifestyle. I came across a fantastic website that features several different tools to help with back pain and this is quickly becoming my go-to site for relief. Healthy Back is currently offering free shipping in the continental U.S. so if you or someone you love live with Chronic Back pain this website is just what you need!
This is a sponsored post however, all the points and views expressed in this post are my own.