You don't have to spend a fortune to give a great gift this holiday season. Bake some delicious Christmas Cookies and don't forget the Gingerbread Men and you're good to go! Here is a delicious and easy recipe to help you create Gingerbread Men that will make the perfect gift or stocking stuffer.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes
Makes up to 16 Gingerbread Men
- 3/4 cup unsulphured molasses
- 3/4 (1 1/2 sticks) butter
- 3 2/3 cups sifted all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon double-acting baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- Warm molasses in a saucepan - don't boil. Remove from heat & stir in butter until melted. Let cool.
- In a large bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, salt, baking soda, ginger, cinnamon, and brown sugar. Add molasses mixture and egg and mix well. Refrigerate one hour or until dough becomes stiff enough to roll.
- Preheat over to 300 degrees F. Line cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- Divide dough in half. Place each half between sheets of plastic wrap and roll out to a thickness of 1/8 to 1/4 inch thick. Refrigerate one half while you roll the other half so the dough is kept cold.
- Dip the gingerbread man cookie cutter in flour and cut shapes. Place shapes on prepared cookie sheet and bake 12 to 15 minutes until lightly browned around the edges. Cool completely then decorate as desired!