It is already October 28th and we still haven't picked up a costume for Ashton! If you're anything like me you're only a day or two from going into freak-out mode. But don't worry, I have done a little research and I found a few great, affordable, last minute costume ideas that your kids will love. No sheet ghosts here!
- Old Shirts
- Tool Belt
- Hand Tools
- Brown Face Paint
- Work Gloves
- Hard Hat
- Toy Walkie-Talkie
- Cut the sleeves off of an old flannel shirt and wear it over a long sleeved thermal shirt.
- Strap on a tool belt, add some old hand tools and smudge on some brown face paint for a hard-worked look.
- Hand the builder a pair of work gloves, a hard hat, a tape measure, a toy walkie-talkie and work boots.
- Flowery Skirts
- Old Scarves
- Strings of costume jewelry
- Old purse
- Face Paint
- Tambourine (optional)
- Layer the mismatched flowery skirts, a few old scarves and strings of costume jewelry. If you don't have some of these things head to yard sales and thrift stores.
- Add some lipstick and face paint
- Tie another scarf around the dancer's head, hand her a tambourine and an old purse.
- Terry Bathrobe
- Hand Towel
- Safety Pin
- Eye Mask
- Green Face Paint
- Fake Nails & Eyelashes
- Gift Bag
- Handheld Mirror
- Pair of Slippers
- First, her your princess put on the plush, terry bathrobe and wrap up her 'do in a hand towel secured with a safety pin and covered with an eye mask.
- Press on some fake nails and eyelashes for the full treatment look.
- Apply green face paint, leaving an inch around the eyes and mouth for the mask effect.
- Have her grab a gift bag, comb, and handheld mirror and put on a pair of slippers to complete the look.
Raining Cats & Dogs
- Rain Gear
- Stuffed Cats & Dogs
- Hot Glue Gun
- Take the umbrella & open it up. Use the hot glue gun to glue the stuffed cats & dogs one by one onto the outside of the umbrella. Let it dry over night.
- Put on the rain gear and grab their umbrella & they're set to go!
- White T-Shirt
- Fake Carnation
- Black and Red Satin Cape
- Dress Jacket & Pants
- Fabric Paint
- Take the white tee-shirt and paint a fake tie and collar.
- Attach the fake carnation to his lapel.
- Tie the black and red satin cape around his neck and abracadabra!
Make the cape according to the directions (if you need help: http://www.ehow.com/how_4526495_cape-halloween.html or http://www.marthastewart.com/852619/superhero-cape-and-t-shirt-how )
then stitch the ribbons securely to either side of the neck.
There are some great ideas online to be found, so search around! Only a few more days until Halloween!
Sources: www.marthastewart.com, www.ehow.com